Monday 16 April 2012

Egypt


We finally arrived at the hotel our home for 2 weeks, it had taken just over 10 hours in total to get here but we had finally arrived in Egypt. On are arrival we were greeted by a very full and very manic airport, it took us ages to get through security and we even missed the bus to take us to our hotel. We were staying at the Aqua Blue hotel in Sharm el sheik, it had been recommended to my family by a friend. We could already see why they had loved it so much it looked like great fun, although we were going to have to wait until tomorrow to start the fun as it was getting dark, it always seemed to get dark very quickly in Egypt.
We got showed to our room by a lovely member of staff in fact all the staff were very nice they were all fun, happy and could speak very good English which made communication very easy.
On day one we had a good look around the hotel, it was joined to a water park and had a massive 36 water slides in total. You could choose if you wanted to go down in a double ring or by yourself. Me and my brother went down the first one which was the closest to where we were sitting. When we got to the top of the stairs we were greeted by a lovely man who worked at the hotel, he asked us what our names were and where we lived. we said we lived in England and he instantly thought London  that’s what all the staff thought when we tell them where we live. I think that’s the only place they know, when we said Cornwall he looked at us like we lived in a different world it was funny and he always made us laugh. That is my favourite slide it’s like a toilet bowel that’s what I call it anyway.
As the days past we discovered new things in and around the hotel, we found a new restaurant in the hotel and it was right beside our room I don’t know how we missed it. We even found a short chute which we could walk through to get to our favourite market instead of getting in a taxi. The markets were very funny and interesting because everyone was so desperate to get us spending our money, they must of looked it up on the internet because they all seemed to say “cheaper than asda” I don’t think they really knew what asda was. 
On the last week of our holiday we did a lot of exiting activities the first one we did was a Turkish bath it was a great mixture of sauna, exfoliating, massage and finally a long Jacuzzi. When we had the massage me and my brother looked over to see these two women walking on my mum and dads backs and to be honest they weren’t the skinniest of people either.
We also did a few other activities such as banana boat that was funny, the boat driver Kept making us fall off on purpose. When we went camel riding I was at the front of everyone and my camel had a dodgy leg and kept kicking, I must have screamed every time. We also went quad biking but I was too young to ride it by myself so I went on the back of my dad’s.
The final activity was the day before we left we went on a snorkelling boat trip where we stopped at three different stops to go snorkelling we saw loads of very interesting fish and coral. There was a few very evil corals the poisonous and the fire coral if you touched them with bare skin then it wouldn’t be very good.  
It had come to an end we would soon, very soon be returning home to wind and rain.
As we landed in England not to our surprise it was late, cold and raining heavy. It didn’t take too long to get our bags and find where the bus was.  Shortly we arrived back at the hotel to a quite comfy bed, the ones at aqua blue were as hard a rocks. The next morning soon came around and we started to make our way home.
At home we were greeted by barking crazy dog he was of course our final family member Grizzle he had been staying with my Nan and granddad. It was great to be home to my bed and to my friends but I already missed the great warm weather and the very friendly staff at the aqua blue hotel, overall it was an amazing holiday and I hope we go again soon. 

By Emily Fanson

No comments:

Post a Comment