Monday 16 April 2012

Travel Writing


On February the 10th 2011   my mum and dad took us to the airport, we didn’t know where we were going. When we turned up to the airport my sister Caitlin says “why are we here.” Then my mum said we are going to Tenerife tomorrow  and me , Caitlin and my little sister Summer had a huge grin on our faces because we had never been out of England and neither had my dad who is 41 (old)!!! We had a look around the airport and before we got in my mum says “Never say bomb in the airport. “So we went in and we were going up the escalator when my little sister askes my mum “Mummy, why aren’t we allowed to say bomb! “And my mum replied “Because we will get really in trouble and won’t be allowed on the aeroplane.”

We left the airport and it was cold outside and I say “aren’t we glad that were going on holiday. “We got in the car and drove home to get some sleep before we had to go to the hotel in Exeter. It was 2pm and my dad woke us all up to go to the hotel.1hour later we got to the hotel it was also a bar. We got our room and it was very small I had to sleep on the sofa, it was so un comfy! We could not get to sleep because we all were exited and we also could hear the aeroplanes landing. It was 3:00am and I would not wake up but I had to because our flight left at 5am.
We got to the airport and checked in and went through security I hate them just in case they beep on me but they didn’t! 1hour later our flight left and I was sat next to my sister Caitlin and this old woman who was very kind because there is 5 people in my family and only 3 seats on a row me and my sister had to go on a different row. The aeroplane was on the run way and I didn’t expect it to go off it to fly and my ears went pop and I hated it so, I fell asleep for the rest of the journey. The aeroplane finally landed at the Spanish airport, it was really hot there. Then we went on a bus to our hotel called the oasis golf resort it was lovely. We had to wear this bracelet to say we were all inclusive but me and my sisters didn’t know what that was.

Until my dad picked up a slice of bread and started to eat it and I said “don’t we have to pay?” And my dad said “no we get food and drinks free.” Then we got to the room and got changed in to our swimming clothes and went for a nice swim in the icy pool I looked at the thermometer it was 42 degrees. We stayed in the pool for an hour or so and got out to have a siesta (nap).And we woke up it was time to get ready for the club and we stayed out till 8pm because we had such a busy day!!!We stayed in Tenerife for 2 weeks and had such a great time so we went to Lanzarote in April and at the end of that one week a volcano erupted and we got put in a five star hotel for a week. And we were the first flight back and my mum was on the West Country tonight news.


By Chloe Brawn

No comments:

Post a Comment