Tuesday 17 April 2012

Travel writing



I went to Paris with my family; we were going to an adventure park. We would be there for a week, on the first day we got put into groups with another family. We got put with a family called the Browns and we were going to go on the zip wire and on the leap of faith after lunch but first we had free time to explore so my family and a family we had met went swimming together. The sun was so hot, when you got into the swimming pool it was more like a bath then a swimming pool. After lunch it was time to do the zip wire and leap of faith. First the zip wire, it was a tree 40 foot high tree with a platform at the top had only enough room for 2 people to stand at the top. As I climbed up tree I was scared but really excited at the same time. The instructor strapped me in and then said when I was ready “jump”. Closing my eyes and taking a deep breath I jumped. It was exhilarating speeding down the wire. I forced my eyes open and saw blurs of people as I went. Hitting the end, I swung back and forwards in my harness.
            After everyone had been on the zip wire, so next it was the leap of faith. It was a 20 foot high tree truck with a platform at the top no bigger that a pizza box. Climbing up it was no trouble, it was getting myself on the platform that I found tricky. After scrambling on to my feet, I paused for a seconded, took a deep breath and jumped. YES, I had caught the pole and was hanging tightly to it. I let go and hung suspended in mid air for a few seconds and then was reunited with the ground. I felt a great sense of achievement.       
 
                             
On one of the days, mid week, we went into Paris. Gasps filled the bus as we drove past some of the most amazing buildings I have ever seen and probably will ever see in my life, Notre Dame was one of them. When we arrived at Seine the gold statue along the river were beautiful then as soon as you turned around the Eiffel tower was right across the road. I was surrounded by architectural beauties. Mile long lines seemed to smother the tower. Wondering around Paris every building was a work of art. There were cake shops filled with interesting colours and aromas. After that we went on the Seine, we passed the Louvre and a little further down on the opposite side there was a river side beach. Leaving Paris was sad and a few days later we left France, I was left knowing I was going to miss the heat and glad to be going home but not wanting to leave yet.

By Lily Harding

No comments:

Post a Comment