Monday 16 April 2012

Goose fair 2011

We left Bude at 4:00 in the morning, there was me, my sister kayliegh, my mum in one car, my dad and uncle in the other.
We were heading for walsby camp 280miles away around a 6hour journey, nothing much happened on the journey but i couldn't sleep so it felt longer.
When we got there my uncle went home (near the M1) and we put the tent up, it slept 4 people but my sister stayed in my grans caravan. After many arguments we were done. Later that day we took the dog for a walk in the woods then went to get dinner.
The next day i was awake early, the wind and rain kept me up. for breakfast my dad made me, my sister and loads of other people that were there a fry up (we do it every year), it was delicous. later that day we walked the dog to my nan's house in Ollerton about 3miles away.
We didn't do much for the next few days i played guitar most of the time while my mum and sister took pictures and read, meanwhile my dad would be talking to the people on our field like brian and albert.
Finally the fair arrived at the site there were dodgems, walterz and all kinds of rides, although they were really expensive, there was also a falconary desplay, market and raffles with huge prizes. We had fun for the last few days of our holiday, but it was nice to be home!
We stopped a couple more times on the motorway on the way back we were all really hungry, but unfortuanatlly the food wasn't great. Finally we got to bed at 11o'clock after a great week.
By Alex Vernon

No comments:

Post a Comment