Thursday 19 April 2012

Our Holiday

For our holiday we went to Turkey.  We arrived at 1.15am exact, tired because of the time difference.  The next day after a hot, restless sleep we went to investigate the holiday complex, and to find out where the pools were.  After lunch we decided to go into the pool, there were only us, and three other families in the pool.  My brother saw a rubber ring and got it. We were mucking around, tipping each other up.  Dad came in, still mucking around when, it got stuck on Dad my brother and I laughed sitting on the side.

“Hey you boys” said Dad “come and help me get it off.”

There we were, looking at him, trying to get it off.  Little kids started coming in, dad was laughing.  We went into help but we couldn’t get it off, this was ten minutes after.  We then let all the air out it slipped off.

 “That was so embarrassing” Dad said “especially when all the children came in to play football in the water and I was in there way.”

There was a big red line right round his belly and back.  That night dad blew it up for the next morning.

 The next day I said to Dad “I think you had better stay on the sunbed today and have a rest, you don’t want to embarrass yourself again.” The temperatures were hot by day, and night.

We went to the clothes market down the road the next day me and dad went one way around the market and mum and Jas the other. We were looking at shoes and t-shirts. My legs were hurting walking around the market however time went fast. It was time to go we phoned each other and said meet at the black avenue (the avenues were colour coordinated) so we did and so did mum. I and dad were hungry. I said “where are they I’m starving.” “Me to” said Dad. We phoned each other and said “where are you. “We asked the member off public and they said there are two black avenues north and south after a twenty minute detour we found each other and went back to the hotel for some dinner.

   BY DAN HEARD

1 comment:

  1. Good opening paragraph. Some complex sentences at work!

    ReplyDelete